- Library Staff
- Borrowing Information
- Friends of the Brentwood Library
- Friends Book Sale
- Board of Trustees
- James Joyce Library Memorial Scholarship
- Tracy O'Neill, Senior Customer Services Librarian, email@example.com
- Barbara Campbell, Customer Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristin McCormick, Customer Services Librarian, email@example.com
- Andrew Kilpatrick, Customer Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Bakowski, Customer Services Librarian, email@example.com
- Dennis Luther, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max. number of items that can be checked out:
- Maximum number of DVD's:
- Maximum number of CD's:
- Maximum late fee per item (if returned):
- President - Sharon Luther
- Treasurer - Cindy O'Shea
- Direct contributions to the library's operating budget.
- Funding library programs.
- Operating the library booksale.
- Purchasing materials, supplies, and library equipment.
- Open the first and third Saturdays of each month: 10 am - 2 pm.
- In addition, room opened by patron request during regular library hours.
- Book donations are appreciated.
- Donations can be dropped off anytime the library is open. Because of space limitations, we limit 2 boxes per month per household.
- Larger collections: please email dennis luther: email@example.com to make drop off arrangements or for a house call.
Adult, Teen and Children Services:
|Materials||Circulation||Late Fees Per Day|
|CD Books and Playaways||3 weeks||.10|
|Music CDs||3 weeks||.10|
|New Release DVDs||1 week||.10|
back to top
Friends of the Library:
The Friends Group supports the library in many ways :
- We will take any year complete “Encyclopedia Britannica Set,” but no other encyclopedia sets.
- Please no VHS tapes, cassettes, or misc. magazines older than one year. We will consider unique magazine sets such as auto/truck, book collecting, crafts, or trades. Please no National Geographic sets.
- Please email lutherd@brentwoodpubliclibrary or call 412-882-5694 for specific questions or clarifications.
- Thank you - Your donations help make our book sale successful.
For more information about the Friends of the Library, please call Sharon at 412-881-6093.
back to top
- Tricia Brancolini-Foley - President
- Pauline Byars - Vice-President
- Joan McMahon - Treasurer
- Stephanie Byars - Secretary
- Mark Greenblatt
- Julie McCarthy
- Laura Sippos
- Robert Pasquantonio - Council Representative
- Beth Arnstein
- Bernadette Reinmund
- Mary Ann McSwigan
- Dennis Luther - Library Director
2022 Meeting Dates: 7:00 pm
- January 27
- March 24
- May 26
- September 22
- November 17
2022 scholarship awarded to Ceci Foley
2021 scholarship awarded to Ceci Levino
The James Joyce Library Scholarship is presented by the Brentwood Library Board of Trustees in memory of former Brentwood Mayor James Joyce. Mayor Joyce was an avid supporter of the library and the youth of the community.
The annual scholarship is $500 and will go to a high school senior who is furthering his or her education through either a college or vocational program.
Requirements to Apply:
- Applicants must be a resident of Brentwood Borough
- Applicant must be a high school senior
- Applicants have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Applications will be judged first and foremost on the merit of the plan presented
The applicant will be asked to present a plan that will create a positive change within the library or present a new idea that can improve the library and its services and programming. There will be several follow-up questions including programming implementation and foreseen obstacles.
The scholarship winner will be announced at Brentwood High School Senior Awards night.
back to top